Partner Kenneth MacKenzie leads the firm’s Hospitality & Recreation practice. Before joining Dalton & Finegold, he spent 25 years as a member of two of Boston’s largest law firms, most recently as a partner and co-leader of the Goulston & Storrs Hospitality and Recreation Group.
Mr. MacKenzie’s representative Hospitality & Recreation transactions include:
- Represented Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in connection with hotel management agreement for the Fairmont Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston.
- Sale of the historic Sagamore Resort at Lake George, New York.
- Purchase of an eight-hotel portfolio from Thayer Lodging Group and acquisition of a five-hotel portfolio from CNL, and related hotel management and franchise agreements.
- Sale of The Westin Boston Waterfront Convention Center Hotel.
- Participating loan financing of development of luxury homes at Villas del Mar, Palmilla Resort, San Jose del Cabo, Mexico.
- Joint venture and construction financing for development of Stowe Mountain Lodge Hotel Condominiums and Spa, Mount Mansfield, Vermont.
- Hotel management and license agreements for Millenium and Hilton hotels in Phuket, Thailand, Goa and Hyderabad, India.
- Hotel Management Agreements for Fairmont Battery Wharf Hotel in Boston, Massachusetts, Top Notch Resort in Stowe, Vermont, and Casa Madrona in San Francisco, California.
- Acquisition and financing of Olde Andover Village in Andover, Massachusetts.
- Franchise and Management Agreements for Marriott Residence Inn at Fenway, Boston, Massachusetts.